The Internal Audit aims to achieve the following:
1. To ensure that public money and assets approved by the Legislative Organs are used for the purposes they were intended to whether development, investment-service-operational or otherwise.
2. To ensure that the State national organs operate in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and accounting systems, decisions and circulars issued by the competent authorities in the country.
3. Verification of the efficiency and effectiveness of internal supervision and risk management system in the unit.
4. To verify that the agreement and the investigation has been in accordance with the guidelines, policies and will lead to the achievement of the objectives of the unit and ensure the proper use of public resources in the intended purposes without extravagance of human resources and that other financial resources were used properly.
5. Evaluation and review of implementation of the goals, plans and policies of financial and operational performance of the unit and to clarify the shortcomings and recommend ways to improve the programs, plans and performance.
6. To make sure that the supervisory systems and information security is working efficiently and effectively to achieve the objectives of the unit.
7. Reviewthe administrativeperformance of the unit and monitor their activities to ensure the achievement of its objectives in accordance with the necessary administrative guidelines and regulationsas well as the principles of accountability, responsibility, transparency and good governance.
8. Examination and evaluation of the extent of the appropriateness of the application of the accounting, financial and operational supervision.
9. To verify the extent of the reliability and integrity of information as well as examination of the means used to identify, measure and classify such information.